Sunday, May 31, 2009

it is something about the stages of life....

I
In November I opened my eyes
Accompanied by mother’s sighs
I cannot understand the scene
Unable to explain what I exactly mean
Language was absent for expression
I was an alien kept for exhibition.


Five years later I was in the same plight
Despite the fact that I was right
Gripped in fear I stood helplessly
Wanted to say I am not the culprit outrightly
Teacher waved stick angrily for punishment
On no grounds I can oppose her judgment


Till now I have seen twelve springs of life
Heated discussions with parents were rife
My mind was made set to study
But I wanted to play and become hardy
Feeling of free bird was obliterated
My dreams and thoughts were complicated



For four more years this trend continued
But this time it was latest fashion I pursued
There were people around masks on face
As friends and foes to win the race
For my achievement and talent I deserved pat
But everyone placed and praised beauty before that


Still I am trying hard to survive
It is pragmatism for which I shall strive
Extroversion doesn’t portray me as expressive
It’s just I cannot tolerate being secretive
At many stands of life I felt numbness
Now I don’t want to be lost in darkness.




No comments:

Post a Comment